Ingredients: Serves 4-6
- 1 ½ cups of rinsed quinoa
- 3 cups of water
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of garlic infused oil
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- ½ bunch of chopped kale
- ¾ cup of water
- 1 tablespoon of red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup of toasted slivered almonds
- 15 sliced green olives
- ½ teaspoon of sesame oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix the quinoa, water, and salt into a pot and bring to a boil. Cover and lower to a simmer for 15-20 minutes until the water is absorbed.
- In the meantime, add the garlic infused oil and red pepper flakes to a pot over a high flame. Add the kale and water, cover the pot, and cook for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, check that the water is absorbed and add red wine vinegar and salt and pepper to taste.
- Once the quinoa is done cooking, mix the quinoa, kale, almonds, green olives, sesame oil, and season with salt and pepper.